Thursday, March 7, 2013

How We Survived the Blizzard of 2013

A winter storm called Nemo hit the Northeast in February 2013 dumping several inches of snow on Cape Cod. Here is how some of our families survived the Blizzard of 2013. 

The most horrible thing that happened in the blizzard was when there were no channels on the t.v. Also, the lights were flickering during the night. I was taking pictures with my family in the big snow hills. Also I was watching the snowflakes as they fell down. I was playing with my cousins on the snow when the blizzard stopped. We were playing snow ball fights and making little snowmen in the snow. The horrible thing that I forgot to say was when I was cold upstairs I also drank Hot Chocolate. That's how I survived in the blizzard of 2013. by Andreina


I feel quite lucky about the blizzard because I didn't lose any power, well almost didn't lose any power. The thing I hated most of all about the blizzard was the annoying power thing because my sister and I were watching the interesting part of the movie when the power was flickering on and off again. Then everything was back to normal. After everything was back to normal we needed to wait for like 5 minutes until the computer will finally finish loading again. Finally my favorite part of the day came - the Chinese New Year! We needed to have the feast in the afternoon instead the night because my mom thought if we lost power at night then we couldn't have the feast at all. Then after the party (feast), we needed to watch the huge T.V downstairs because we had no wifi in our house that day. Anyway, the T.V was great to watch too, and that is how I feel about the blizzard!!!! by Annie


The things that I HATED about the blizzard were ........ No power. No heat. No electrical devices. Playing board games and having to play with my sister. No music, No life, No tv for Mickey Mouse or Sophia the First, No painting nails, No salon, No spa, No straightening my hair, No music videos, No DocMcStuffens. The things I LIKED about the blizzard were....No school, getting my power back, and it was named after my dog Nemo. That is how I kind of, yes, but no, but really no, survived the blizzard! by ILLYANA


I absolutely hated the blizzard when I lost power. I was on Facebook and all of a sudden the computer turned off! I got very mad and even with the generator it still would not work because there were power lines down on my street. The thing I liked was that my dad got two movies from the Red Box and we watched them till 1:00 or 2:00. I had to shovel, and trust me, that was not fun. We still have no internet because we have to get a new box. So I am really mad that I can't go on Facebook or play video games. I wanted to go with my dad to get something from the store but my mom said I couldn't go with him.  :( That's how I survived the blizzard!!            by Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment