Monday, December 12, 2016

The Vikings Are Coming!

Fifth graders are learning about the Vikings, known for their superior shipbuilding skills and their ruthlessness. What would you do if you woke up one day and saw Viking ships invading your harbor?


Vikings On the Move
By Scout J.
As the big Viking ships approached our land, I felt scared as If we were going to be attacked. My teeth were chattering and I was cringing as the others came to spot the big brightly colored sails and tall prows at each end. When they got to the island I took a step back and our chief took a step forward. All of the Vikings fled off the ship. Their chief and our chief came face to face. “I’m Leif Ericson and we want your land,’’ demanded their strong and powerful leader.

“That shall not happen!” our chief said. “Then we must fight to protect our land.” Our chief looked around at the mostly anxious faces. “Deal!” he said as they gripped each other’s hands.

The Vikings are fierce people. They went back on their ships for weapons. My tribe just took everyday useful things. As the fighting continued some went missing and some died. Obviously, the Vikings had won. They did get the land sadly. Leif Ericson and his crew settled in and had a blast. I had many memories there, but it was time to move on.

Authors Note

If I was attacked by Vikings, I think I’d have a little confidence in myself. Though, I also had a lot of support behind and in front of me, I would still try my hardest. Just always remember to never give up!

1 comment: